Tuesday 18 June 2013

Painting

I have the perfect painting in my hand
With all the right strokes, from all the correct angles
The figures are beautifully made
And the shades are just right
The paints mix in the ideal way
And it’s neither too dark nor too bright,
I love it when I look at it
I miss it when I look away,
My perfect painting

Then you come along
You show me how one stroke is wrong
And how I missed an angle by 5 degrees
That figure has a hand too big, and that nose doesn't look too real
How a pink would have been better than red there
And how it’s a little lighter than it should be
And I know you are right
It is not perfect
But I would have loved you more
If you would have just let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...