Thursday 6 June 2013

I want to write a poem on wet mud
Not flowers, or love, or how I feel
But just on plain wet mud

Because to my eyes it reminds
Of the delicious color
Of my favorite chocolate

And to my nose, the favoritist smell in the world
A scent that gives
Such immense, such intense joy

To my mind it brings back memories
Of rainy days
And of those childhood times well spent
Wrapped in mud
Dancing and laughing

It reminds me of the earth
Where everything comes from
And will go one day

Wet mud
Because when I take it in my hand
It can become anything I want
A snake, a pot, a clown
Wet mud
And how it gives life
To all the beautiful trees I love

And I realize
That I have stared at the sky too often
And too long
looking at the stars
And thinking of places where I don’t belong
And now
I stare at this mud
And I know it’s there
I can touch it, feel it, smell it, see it
And as I touch and smell and see
I somehow become
Closer to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...