Thursday 24 October 2013

I feel cheated on, today
Because there is someone else out there who is
Living my life—wearing the shoes I would have picked
had I gotten to the store first; and in clothes
that actually belong to me; telling stories
that are hidden in the corners of my heart
And I don’t know how she knows, but she knows
And she flies, while I float around today,
holding on to temporary anchors as I search for wings.

Because there are no words for the things I feel
And reasons for what I feel, but I feel, so much
About so many things—like when I cross the road
And stare at faces that say to me- “you know,
I have an interesting story to tell”; and when I see
mothers holding daughters as they cross roads
and on the other end, daughters holding their mothers
who are children again, once their job is done
And how I laugh and smile and cry
Because I can see the circle of life; but there is no one word
Or even many, that can ever describe the warmth I feel
That sometimes burns the inside.

Because I can see time slipping through my fingers
and life passing by my eyes; while I’m consumed
in work that makes no difference to me, but have to do anyway
and the panic attack I feel, when I see the date
because it’s already October and my friend told me,
that the year ends in 74 days, and because I have no clue
where the rest of the weeks and months went away
And though I know I have changed a lot, as time added
something new to my eyes; I just wish there was some more time
so that I could stop and just feel the change as it occurs.

Because I cheat myself when I don’t say the things I feel
Like the words that sleep dreamy-eyed on the tip of my tongue
waiting for the day they’ll finally come out; and the fine line
between who I am and what I wish to be, and the game
I play as I cross over from here to there every once in a while
And because ‘love’ isn’t such a big word anymore, but ‘feelings’ is
And because you could hold hands and hug people all day
But that in no way means that they understand, or you do
And because we walk but don’t know where to go.

I feel cheated on today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...