Friday 30 October 2015

When I was younger, I used to ask my mother how is it that we feel alone even when there are so many people in this world.

I

I walk like fire till my feet turn to ash
It does not matter if the world beneath me burns
I do not care if the steps spill my blood,
My spit turning to acid, words melt my insides
I can no longer swallow the shit that is happening
My heartbeats up in flames, the soul boiling
Under the heat of my own being
I live like fire till my days turn to ash.

II

Cry, if the world hurts you, cry like a fucking
Waterfall, and cry till those around can see you
Drowning in your own sorrow; please don’t
Pretend to be strong for anyone, aren’t we all
Starting to look like iron men and women who
Have forgotten what their hearts sounded like
Aren’t we wounded souls wandering underneath
Distracted bodies teaching our children
Never to cry?

III

Oh god, please be kind to one another
You are not ice, you are not a walking blade,
You are not the pointed pistol, or the big stick,
You are not thorns, you are not a fist, a punch
You are not a rational intellectualizing all-
knowing emotionless fucking machine
And you don’t have to be
You are a warm smile, you are a tight hug
You are the stranger who can understand
You are the lover who can listen, you are the
Thing that can break when others crumble
You are so full of love, you are kind
You are nothing like what they tell you you are
You are everything you want to be
You are one person
But hand in hand with everyone else
You are the fucking world.

5 comments:

  1. The larger the crowd the lonelier I get, because I start pitying my state of banishment.

    Sum of my choices,
    Endless possibilities of existence,
    I'm human, I'm infinite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write really good haikus. 'Good' would not be my choice of adjectives but I'm tired and too lazy to think of another word.

    I love the number of interpretations three lines can have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You write beautifully too. Your style of writing is insightfully raw and every poem/prose is a collection of your emotions written in black and white. I have a personal motto: 'Reading frees my mind and writing free my soul' and you definitely live up to the latter half of it.

    I like writing haikus because they end up appealing to both my creative voice and analytical brain. There is immense fun in being creative within the strict rule of haiku writing. The best part is that haikus force the reader to make their own assumptions, stories and conclusion.

    Soaring through the sky,
    With the winds below their wings,
    Dreams on a sleepless night.

    P.S. Thanks for the compliment and I would be tired too at 2.22 am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That means a lot :)

      I really like your haikus. I tried writing some when I was younger but then stopped. Thinking of giving them another try now.

      Delete
    2. You should give it another shot. When I started writing Haikus I didn't follows the rules so strictly. I modified them to suit my needs and it made the whole process much more fun.

      Step in the dark,
      Tip toeing with silent caution,
      Hopeful new beginnings.

      Delete

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...