Sunday 27 September 2015

My blog is my most sacred and honest place. This is me, when I'm sad and happy and when I'm hiding away from everyone because life is a little hard sometimes. This is me, broken hearted and in love and when I'm not thinking about any of it at all. And this is me- transparent, no lies, no hidden meanings, no unnecessary metaphors. Me in all my nakedness, my whole being and everyone doesn't like that, and they don't have to. But writing what I write is my choice, and whether you want to read it or not is yours. So let's just respect each other like decent human beings.

And on that note, here is the poem for today, my version of Bluebird by Charles Bukowski. You can find the original here-
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/bluebird/

Bluebird

there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to chirp away
but they’re too tough for her,
they say, stay in there, we’re not going
to let anyone see
you.
there's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to chirp away
but they force manners on her and shout
till she goes quiet
and the lovers and the strangers
and the unknown faces
never know that
she's
in there.
there's a bluebird in my heart that
that wants to chirp away
but outside is too tough for her,
They say,
shut up, why should we listen
to you?
we don’t want to listen
to you
you want us to lock you
in a cage?
there's a bluebird in my heart that
loves to chirp away
but they’re too many, they only let her out
once in a while
when she’s not too loud.
they say, I know that you're there,
but stay inside
you’re not needed here.
So I put her back,
but she's singing a little
in there, I haven't quite let her
die
and we sleep together like
that
forced by
a secret pact
and it's nice enough to
make a woman
weep, but I don't
weep, though they
want me to.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Aakriti this a great rendition of a beautify poem. I too, love Bukowski's work but I prefer Whitman more (I believe this is an influence of watching Dead Poet's Society at an early age). Weirdly enough I saw your profile on Tinder and your blog was mentioned there. Checking the blog out has definitely the right decision.

    If this feels like an invasion of privacy, I am sorry and I wont bug you anymore. I thought I should at the least appreciate the work of a fellow poet. Keep up the good work and continue to let you heart sing the tunes that you head is to scared to write.
    P.S. I leave you with a Haiku

    All my fears dissipate
    The darkness surrounding my senses
    As sleep comes calling

    Vaibhav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vaibhav,

      Thank you for checking out my blog. I shall read Whitman to understand where you're coming from :)

      Also, that haiku is beautiful.

      Delete
    2. Hi Aakriti, thank you for appreciating my humble haiku. I honestly didn't expect you to reply and I am very surprised that you responded considering the fact on how I stumbled across your blog. 'O Me! O Life!' is a great place to start reading Whitman. Also if you have any suggestions on poetry and/or prose please feel free to share. Cheers.

      Happiness rushes back
      A puzzle with no missing pieces
      When the lost is found

      Delete
    3. Hi,

      'O Me! O Life!', what a powerful piece! And so tiny :O
      Will definitely be reading more of Whitman.

      Off the top of my head you can check out 'When My Sorrow was Born' and 'When My Joy was Born' by Khalil Gibran. Those are two of my favorite poems :)

      And where are you getting all these amazing haikus from?

      Delete
    4. Wow! Those couple of poems were a great insight into life. Even when we don't want to share our sorrow people are willing to partake in it but when it comes to our joy it just causes envy.

      Another poet that I really adore is Lewis Carol. Not many people know that he wrote poems and that he was the one of the first guys to write nonsensical poetry. Imagine a mathematician spinning a web of words that you just fall deeper into...like alice falling down the rabbit hole. Read Jabberwocky and Melancholetta by him if you get the chance and you will definitely end up smiling.

      These haikus have been written by me. I cant write long poems like you so I stick to telling my story in three lines. I appreciate the challenge that writing a haiku poses and I write them to express all my emotions. I hope you have a great week ahead and I look forward to hearing from you again. Till then I leave you with another haiku.

      My masterless ship floats,
      On a sea of hopes and dreams.
      Guidance will sink my ship.

      Delete

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...