Wednesday 18 February 2015

Hush, dear child

Hush dear child, now please don’t speak
All these tales you make up, they’re worrying me
Your daddy is tired, your mamma had a long day
Please don’t frighten us with your scary tales
Yes we love you, of course we care
If he scares you, just stop going there
Hush, dear child, quiet for a while
Things will be better tomorrow, sleep, good night…

Hush dear child, what are these things you say
You’re at the school, not a place to play
Don’t ask those questions, what have you learnt at home
Good kids don’t talk like that, hush, no
These are dirty things you tell, go rinse your mouth
And don’t repeat them to your friends as you move about
Hush dear child, it’ll be fine when you grow
For now stay quiet, you don’t want the others to know…

Hush dear child, now please don’t cry
Your grandpa cares, but he doesn’t understand why
Why this is happening to you,
What is he supposed to do,
Stay close to home, next to ma and pa
Grandpa will make sure that uncle goes really far
Hush dear child, I promise to try
All will be well, just give me some time…

Speak dear child, oh please tell me
Who hurt you so bad? Why do you bleed?
Did you tell your parents, your teachers, some adult?
There must be someone you can trust in the world
Tell me what happened, why don’t you speak
You must be in pain, all those tears on your cheek
Say dear child, who did this to you
When did this happen, what did he do?

Hush, he said, don’t you shout or scream
We’ll play a secret game, just for you and me
You’re so special, much more than the other kids
I love you so much, that’s why I’m doing this
It’s nothing wrong, I’ll get you chocolates and sweets
It’ll hurt a little but please bear it for me
Hush, he said, don’t say a word
Hush, my story just wasn’t heard.

2 comments:

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...