Tuesday 4 November 2014

For a while now I've wanted
For a writer to fall in love with me
For I've always thought of myself as the perfect subject for poetry,
so that I could search for my fingerprints
In the words that he writes.

I've also wanted since a while
For a painter to see the beauty in me
I know I don’t have the perfect body
But I've wished to see a lover put down on a canvas
How love makes his lover look like the most beautiful person in the world.

I've wanted a singer to sing for me
All the songs that melt my heart;

But all I have is you
You, the person who repeats the same things in his letters again and again
You, even the hearts you make look disfigured
You, you know no words to the songs, let alone the tunes
But on days when I feel uprooted, lost, and alone
You, all you do is make me feel like home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...