Wednesday 17 September 2014

And ma’am, what shall I serve you today?
Get me the hottest soup you have, my heart is as cold as my skin tonight
I want to feel warm again, I want this mist to leave
My bones can’t bear to be so numb, my hope needn’t shiver so
Get me a meal that’ll remove this fog,
Get me a meal to feel warm at heart.

And tomorrow when it starts to melt again
Get me the sweetest meal you can cook
So that when I open my mouth, only the brightest words escape my lips
So let there be light in my soul, and let there be space for more
Get me the sweetest meal to fill this space
Get me a meal that puts a shine on my face.

And because with your love you’ll heal me so
I’ll cook you meals to cure you too
From your anger, your pain, your hurt
I’ll serve you warm meals and sweet desserts
We’ll dine together with these meals that heal
To cure ourselves of the things we feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...