Tuesday 15 April 2014

On days like today and moments like right now
I know that something inside me is shrinking, withdrawing, dwarfing
I know because something feels empty
And the emptiness hurts.

I know it’s my heart, that scared little creature
One day larger than the universe
And today, so small that it could fit into my pocket
Requesting me to hide her in the almira, at the far end of a drawer
Covered in books, clothed by dust, lost in the darkness
Where nobody can see it, nobody can touch it
Oh, this scared little creature, how it begs to feel safe again
But how do I explain this to my heart
That what forces her to shrink down
Is the same thing that will one day make her grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...