Monday 18 November 2013

I know ‘right before the exams’ is a crazy time for me
Sometimes beautiful and sometimes incredibly difficult
Sometimes all about poetry that flows through my blood in those days
Sometimes the hollowness of my room, sometimes of my thoughts
Sometimes the emptiness in my heart, and sometimes how full I feel
because I took more time than usual in finishing a meal
that would otherwise be over in less than 10 minutes; the slowness comes
in the avoidance of books that I love but hate because I have to glance
through them fast and I can’t taste them slowly and swallow them with
joy; the way I enjoyed my food today.

So I glance at them and look away, at the choices I have made
Of distant poets and story tellers and lovers of words whom I love
and I stare at their lives so deeply with tears in my eyes wondering
if they ever feel the way I feel sometimes; and if I will ever feel the way
they do; and if ever somebody else will wish to feel the way I feel
today
And whether the hunger in my soul and the thirst in my heart
will ever be quenched by my fulfilling the promises I keep making to
myself every now and then.

The book continues to stare at me and I continue to smile at the computer screen
telling myself that there are more important things
and that this time here, my laptop and the candle right next to it,
and the fire it holds, is much more important than learning I will forget
the day my exam gets over; though I hope I don’t.


5 comments:

  1. nice blog akriti
    your most welcome to my blog..kindly visit and do join my blog
    http://iwillrocknow.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. can relate to this on many levels. hate this time of the year :/
    very nicely written though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Re-writing Tu Hi Re

इन साँसों का देखो तुम पागलपन के आए नहीं इन्हें चैन मुझसे ये बोली मैं राहों में तेरी अपने बिछा दूं ये नैन Read more: https://www.hinditracks...